So here I sit finally with a moment of peace to update this blog more personally! I'm trying to keep an eye on Caleb as he finishes his bottle but I had a few moments. :) Consider yourselves
lucky. ;)
As you have probably already seen in the previous posts, Daniel just turned four on July 30th. In case you were wondering how I felt about that, I'll just tell you right now that I feel old. He has gotten so big! I took the boys for their routine checkups last week and was happy to find out everthing was just great. Daniel is 44lbs and 43" tall. Caleb is 18.5lbs and 27.5" tall. Both healthy as horses! We had a small little family party on Wednesday to celebrate his actual birthday but Saturday was the big day with the whole family. That was an adventure! :) I still have cupcakes left, though dry and tough they may be, and as I sit and remember the last four years I think of how much our lives have change because of Daniel. We now hold hands when we pray around the table for instance. He insisted that we do that a long time ago. He makes us laugh... and cry. :) The other day he looked at Steve and said, "You don't love me." This was because Steve had said for Daniel to go take a nap. Today, he called me the Devil... where did that come from you ask? I have no idea. LOL! But he was mad at me and that is what came from his mouth. He says the funniest things sometimes but also things like, "Mommy you're the devil." ;) That wasn't funny but at sometime in my life I'm sure I'll look back on it and laugh...till I cry... or something else. I love my kids and I'm so thankful God has given me three great kids and though its not easy raising them, and sometimes you have to be the mean guy because you're looking out for their best interests, and though sometimes you have to make tough choices on what and who can influnce them in their little impressionable lives, its all worth it every night when Steve sends the kids to bed and they remind him that they haven't kissed or hugged Mommy goodnight. God has been so good to me and as I look back over at Caleb, now finished with his lunch, I look forward to the day when he'll also say, "Daddy, I didn't kiss Mommy goodnight yet!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOL Amanda you devil you.
Post a Comment