Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm Done Travelling For The Year...Just So You Know.







We don't travel much. Frankly, the only places we usually go are Michigan and Knoxville, Tennessee. We prefer to limit that bubble to no more than an 8 hour drive. :) Three small children with equally small bladders. Doesn't take much to turn an 8 hour drive into a 10 hour ordeal. :) Anyhoo, Steve's Dad and Mom invited us up for Thanksgiving and we took the bait. Silly us. It took (not as long as the last time) long enough to get there to say the least and this time we travelled over night. Did I ever mention I hate travelling at night?! So we went and had a great time. Enjoyed getting together with some of Steve's family and doing a little shopping on Friday (and no not before 8 am. I am not retarded *no offense to those who are*). THEN we had to turn right around and go back up there on the 12th of December! Too bad you don't rack up frequent driver miles. We (and when I say we, I mean Steve and I) drove up for his sister Beth's wedding. And though we are all happy for her I am pretty confident in saying that we are all glad its over. :) We arrive sorta early but rather late Friday morning around a healthy 9 am. By 11:00 am we are at the church decorating the gym. We had tons of help and boy was that a blessing! We draped tulle and lights from all sides of the gym into the middle and raised it up to create somewhat of a tent of tulle. I'm including pictures for those of you who are imagination-inabled. (That would include myself so don't feel bad. Mine wore out after a very busy childhood.) So the wedding itself went off without a hitch (though technically I suppose there was a HITCHING but no problems) and it was the funniest ceremony we had ever been to. So they all lived happily ever after. That is, until the reception was done and we all had to pitch in and TEAR DOWN all our hard work from the previous day. I almost threw up. No not really and it was easier to take down than it was to put up. :) All in all it was beautiful, it was lovely, it was grand. But if I ever have to help decorate for another wedding any time soon I might just lose my brain. I don't know HOW my mom-in-law does it. :) And needless to say, I hope there are no more long drives in my near future. Now I understand why I prefer flying. ;) So without further ado, here are some photos for your viewing enjoyment. I would have done a slide show but Photobucket was acting up so :P. Tatta! P.S. I toyed around with some editing so enjoy. :)


The decorations down the aisle.

Beth (Steve's sis) and Brandon (oh and a very nice closeup of my FIL's head Heehee!)


This was the center chandelier that my MIL made. It was gorgeous!

The cake. And that's all I have to say about that. ;)


Centerpieces! Color photos are below. ;)



This was the center of the "Tulle/Light Tent". It was a pain to get up but looked spectacular once in place. :) I felt like crying when we had to take it all down...*sigh*


Yes, these are similar to the ones in Maid of Honor. Yes, my MIL (aka. Martha Stewart's long lost sister) made these. Upside down lampshades and decorating ornaments from Hobby Lobby.


The Program.



Sorry for the bad pics but I'm still trying to figure out my camera! Its frustrating!! These are the girls and again, my dear darling MIL made the dresses and the flowers. Her incredible amount of talent is just unfair.


This is not a great pic, but this is Selah Vera. My newest neice. I love her!!! So cute. :)

3 comments:

Sarah D. said...

So, where are the pictures????

mandasteve said...

I posted them. Just for you. ;)

Sarah D. said...

WOW! Those are amazing! What a talent your mil has!