Monday, March 23, 2009

Do you ever feel like that?

Do you ever just get up every day and just feel like you're doing the same thing every day? Are you someone who gets bored with every day living? I wave both hands high to admit that I am one of those people. Sometimes it feels like you're getting no where. Like life has just shaken you like a milk shake and you can't really tell which end is up! Somehow I feel like God has been trying very hard to get my attention. I guess you could say it started when we had our big ice storm and my family and I had to move in with my parents for four days. YIKES! :) It was okay. I'm glad they live close. Then I wrecked our main vehicle. Then Steve's job dwindled down to nothingness for a few weeks. It seems like right now we have such big decisions to make. Maybe they wouldn't seem big to you or maybe they would. We need to get another vehicle we can all fit into but, do we get it now when we aren't sure about the economy and Steve's job kinda rides on that, or do we wait and see what happens and just tough it out for a while? And what about a new house? We will NEED a new house by the time we have another child which will hopefully be in the next two years (Quit looking at me like that! ;) ). Do we get a house now while interest rates are so low? But the question is, will we be able to sell the house we're in now? If we wait till next year will the current inflation have driven up the interest rates so high that we'll just have to stack the kids in the garage?? I think all the answers to these questions lies in the answer to this question : How much faith do we have in God? God could deffinitely send us a buyer for our house. He could deffinitely send us just the right vehicle at just the right time and it would be His perfect will. How hard it is to wait on God. I thought it would be hard, only having one car and being stuck in the house ALL the blessed time. But you know what? Its grown on me! I'm actually ENJOYING staying home! I know, I know, big shocker! :) I've learned a few little things through all of this. Wait for God to lead. Wait for His perfect direction. Don't get in a hurry or you'll make BAD decisions and fall flat on your face. We've done that before. Not an enjoyable place to be. While it would be great to have another vehicle RIGHT NOW, and a different house RIGHT NOW, RIGHT NOW is not always BEST. Sometimes its just good to sit back and RELAX and let God take care of the details. :) He's mighty and powerful and the more you rush Him, I think He takes His time all the more just to teach us to WAIT. :) What have I learned personally from this? To enjoy every day. To not rush through life - it will come to a stop soon enough. To enjoy my children every chance I get. To enjoy my husband and to work harder at our marriage. To just slow down and let God lead my life - every tiny little aspect. To pray harder about every decision and look for God's hand in it. I'm sure I will learn more things as time goes by and I am actually looking forward to it. In the mean time, I'm trying to find out which end is up and then take off at a nice walk - not a run. :)

1 comment:

Sarah D. said...

I KNOW how you feel. I KNOW exactly what you've been going through! We went through a really rough time this past summer and fall and it seemed like we had so many unanswered questions that just lingered there. Looking back now, I know if we had taken the situation in our own hands it would have been so BAD! I am so thankful we waited on God. He answered our prayers in HIS time and it really was for the best!