
I have tulips. Yes, they're peeking up through the mulch in my front flower bed. Tulips are probably my favorite flower and its good to see them again. It was a nice surprise because I had forgotten about them. Usually the squirrels in my neighborhood dig them up and eat them or something... I dunno...all I know is they don't all come back and sometimes they do. Four of them to be exact. What color are they? I have no idea. I don't remember. But I do know it will be a sweet surprise to see what color they will be when the buds show up. Yes, I'll post pictures when they do. ;) At any rate, what do you look forward to when spring shows up? The warm weather? The daffodils that pop up reminding us that relief from the numbing cold is nigh? The birds singing more? The greater amounts of daylight? Yeah all of those are nice. However, there's one thing I absolutely detest (you knew I couldn't be all unicorns and rainbows about spring didn't you?) - pollen. Yup. Pollen. I know, I know, its a necessity. A necessary evil that is. My blue truck is essentially coated in a fine coat of greenish yellowish pollen right now...that and the occasional blob of birdie droppings... either way, that's the "joys" of parking under a tree. Not to mention the misery it brings on allergy sufferers - bring on the Kleenex w/ lotion! All in all, I love spring - green grass, beautiful flowers, not too hot; not too cold. In the words of a famous fairy tale character, "Its juuuuuuuuuuusssssssst right."
No comments:
Post a Comment