As Andrew was drinking his bottle this morning and I picked him up to burp him I started thinking about how much I really do love being a mom. So to prove it here are the top ten things I love about it.
1. The first ultrasound I have and realizing that I'll have another son or daughter and the feeling them move.
2. Seeing my babies for the first time in person and just falling in love so much with that one little person that sometimes I wonder if I'm crazy for loving them so much.
3. Watching my children play TOGETHER and then I wonder if they all worked together what "wonders" would occur. ;)
4. The kisses I get before my children and I part ways for something or just for no reason at all. :)
5. Hearing my older children quote verses they are learning in family devotions. Even Caleb can say a few things!
6. Hearing the stories that Daniel brings home from school and watching him grow up and mature.
7. I love having a daughter and getting to dress her like the beautiful little princess she is and getting to fix her hair - it really is like having a doll. ;)
8. I love the bond that my children and I have that no one else has with them. In other words, I feel special. :)
9. Hearing my children laugh at the dumbest things - or at America's Funniest Home Videos when people get hurt. That's always makes me proud... ;)
10. What do I love most about being a mom? I love that God has chosen me to raise these wonderful little people for His glory and I pray daily that I won't fail too miserably at that task.
Now just for kicks, what do I dislike the MOST about being a mom? Well, that list is MUCH shorter and really, there is only a few things that I really dislike! So here they are:
1. Diapers that do not live up to their own standards....in other words, they explode after one "use".
2. Children that puke. Puking children are not a highlight of being a mom. Don't judge me people. You've done it too.... the kid pukes and instead of feeling sympathetic you resentfully look at them wishing they were old enough to clean up their own mess because the cheese and red juice / koolaid they had for lunch is now resting on the carpet in a pool of stomach juice mocking you.
3. Car seats - can I get a witness??!!!
4. Feeling guilty because I think I'm the luckiest most blessed Mom in the world and I KNOW no other mother is as blessed as me and that makes me feel bad for the rest of you poor moms out there and then I hate the fact I feel guilty about that! LOL! ;)
To sum this little note up, I LOVE BEING A MOM!!!!!! And even on their worst (poop, puke, whining and all that stuff) days, I wouldn't trade my little "angels" for nothing. :) You couldn't pay me enough to take my children. I Love them so much! I have the most rewarding job in the world! Now I just have to make sure they KNOW how much I love them... because, as we all know, one day they'll pick my nursing home and I want to make sure they put me in one that isn't slathered wall to wall in poop and puke. ;)







No comments:
Post a Comment